Saturday 2 May 2009

Sham Goes Riding

Ooh what a day – I thought I would quickly blog before going for a little nap. I have been SO busy.

After breakfast Ygraine asked if I would like to try riding a horse. I was so excited I was bouncing up and down.

My horse was huuuuge but I was very brave and we went for miles and miles, all around Ygraine’s farm, and I thought of all my great-great-great … Grandfathers who had ridden from place to place in search of food. I felt really connected to them.

When I started to wilt a little we stopped for a picnic among the bluebells. Ah what bliss. They smelt divine and I had the words of that poem about bluebells going through my mind. You know the one:

“But when I looked upon the bank

My wandering glances fell
Upon a little trembling flower,
A single sweet bluebell. “

Anne Bronte

Ygraine had packed a lovely lunch and when I had eaten until I was fit to burst I washed it down with earthworm and honey mead. Yum. I picked some little hedgerow flowers to give Ygraine to say thank you. I didn’t pick any bluebells though because they are protected and far too pretty to spoil by picking.

I had a little nap curled up under the hedge while Muffin, my horse, grazed on the lush grass.

Once refreshed we made our way home bathed in sunshine. What a perfect day.

Now I am off for a little zzzzzzzzz before dinner. A chap could get used to this.

No comments:

Post a Comment