Sunday 8 November 2009

The Hunt for Dracula

Once we got to Whitby my hunt for Dracula began. I wasn't sure exactly where he lives so started at St Mary's Church. St Mary's Church is on the cliff top near the Abbey. You have to climb a lot of steps to get there. There were far too many steps for my little legs so I got carried which was nice. The oldest parts of the church are Norman. Norman must have been very old as apparently he is dated around 1110, so he doesn't live there anymore.

Dracula was seen in the church around 1897 so I may be a bit late to find him there. It's worth a try though.

Here I am again looking round the graveyard. No sign of Dracula here either. I wonder if it would have been better if I had come round at night?

Looking for Dracula is hard work so I sat down to have a little rest. This is a tombstone apparently so after a brief snail snack I got off it and carried on with my search.

Here I am near the stained glass window of the whale bones in Whitby. As you can see it looks as if there is a bat in the sky. I wonder if it is Dracula?


I had no luck finding him this time. Back soon with more adventures from Whitby.

No comments:

Post a Comment