Sunday 13 December 2009

Making Christmas Cake

I've been really busy the last few days, I've learnt to make a Christmas cake. I didn't know what one was, this is my first Christmas after all, but Butterflywings told me its a special cake that you only have at Christmas, whatever that is, I expect I'll find out soon.

First I helped mix all the ingredients together. We put in stuff that looked like ants and flies but I was told they were currants and raisins. I hope they taste as good as ants and flies.

The cake went into an oven to be cooked which is strange, I don't cook my food. This is what it looked like when it came out again. It smelt ok I suppose but not as good as snails.

We took the cake out of the tin and I got a good look at it. I wanted to taste it but I was told I had to wait. I'm not sure what I have to wait for though.


Today Butterflywings cut some off the cake to make it flat. I got to eat it. It's quite good really. I'll have to be careful I don't end up as fat as Snowball a hedgehog in England who kept eating dog food. I've tried Harrie's but she has biscuits and they're quite hard so the Christmas cake is better.

This was great, I got to make myself some worms from something called marzipan. Don't suppose they're as good as real ones but I'm going to eat them now and find out.

No comments:

Post a Comment